Chapters in my book Fish Medicine

Chapters in my book Fish Medicine

Friday, October 24, 2014

RE-search....Research....Research... :)

Yes this book is a memoir and of course based on a true story. Since most of the content is written based on a 60 day stay in ICU with my beautiful mother.... there are facts upon facts that need to be researched. I want my message to be undertsood and more then anything be factual and backed up by tons of research. I am a HUGE believer in complimentary medicine and I am practicing a holistic lifestyle for my health needs. I am doing research on the Hippocratic Oath. Very interesting. Hippocrates was known to be the the father of medicine. “Let Food Be Thy Medicine and Medicine Be Thy Food.” A lot of my research is coming from Dr. Barbara Starfield. She was associated with the John Hopkins School of Public health. Her study "Is US health really the best in the world?" was published in the Journal of the AMA. Here are some of the stasitics: 80,000 deaths per year in the US are from infections aquired in the hospital. 106,000 deaths per year from FDA approved correctly prescriberd medicines 20,000 from errors in hospitals 7,000 deaths from medication errors in hospitals 12,000 from unnecessary surgeries Her information and research is astounding!
This is the 12th century Byzantine manuscript of the oath (The Byzantine Empire was the predominantly Greek-speaking continuation of the eastern half of the Roman Empire during Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages. Its capital city was Constantinople (modern-day Istanbul), originally founded as Byzantium.) The script is written in 'cross form" relating it visually to Christian ideas. If you have ever read or studied the oath...it refers to the physician swearing upon a NUMBER of healing GODS to uphold specific ethical standards. Hmmmm... pagan gods you think??? HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment