Chapters in my book Fish Medicine

Chapters in my book Fish Medicine

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Today IS A NEW DAY!

Happy Fall... Happy October..... HAPPY HAPPY!! Today I am so excited I have a webinar this afternoon with the CEO of Hayhouse. I am stopping at a Starbucks so I can listen then I will finish up my work and head to the cabin! I forgot something up there that is really important that I need to go get. Actually a few things. One is my Mala bead bracelet from my auntie Karen. I received my mother daughter bracelets yesterday and I need my Mala bracelet! Thank you aunite Karen! I love you!! I workd on one of my Chapters this morning. 60 Days in the Hole. It is a very healing experinece. Last night and most of yesterday I did nothing but research. It really fueled me and motivated me. I also went through the hospital bills for my sweet momma. It brought back a flood of feelings and emotions. All that will unfold in my book. This is necessary. This book is really important. I journaled many moments in ICU. I was going through my musings- wow ..there were things that were said and done that will also be part of the journey.. the story.... that I will share in the pages of unconditional love for my mother. It will be a time of reflection and a time of healing. I will share tidbits of the chapters as it unfolds. Here is a little taste of 60 days in the Hole-
The MIRACLE Journal- It was a long 60 days. But not long enough. This time with my mother was a gift. Every minute that I was with her was a blessing. While seeing what she was going through was gut wrenching and heart breaking, mom made it very clear that she wanted to live. She was a fighter, a warrior. My mother was my rock. If she was choosing to go through this, then so was I. I slept by her side night after night. I took a few breaks due to commitments...like my son Darren graduating from college. For the most part I was there pretty much every morning to talk with the doctors. Now in regard to the doctors, there were many. General surgery, Orthopedic surgery, Intensives’, and Infectious disease and not to mention the PA's, the nurses, and respiratory therapists! It was like waiting for the morning news. How is her white blood cell count?, her blood sugar, her last x-ray, her lung, her leg, her tummy, her blood clot. Thank goodness they served Starbucks coffee in the cafeteria. My brother was really awesome about bringing me up coffee. He knew that if one of us was not there in the morning we would miss the morning news on mom. He and my sister would get up and go have their morning smokes. I hung out to get the news. I pretty much had every doctors name remembered. I also had the schedule down for their rounds. I would text out the info or give an update when we all met up in the room. This was what we did. We did it for mom. This was my life. For 60 days. Then there were those dreaded visits. There were some very optimistic docs and then there were the docs that told you like it is. My mom’s general surgeon was one of the tell you like it is personalities. While I can tell you that being honest may be the best policy….it is not conducive to the healing of a patient. My mother would hear .................. (that is it for now! ) xxxoooo CREATE A FABULOUS DAY!!! Shanti!!

No comments:

Post a Comment